Organization Validation (OV) Requirements
If the applicant is an Organization (corporation, government agency, registered business entity, etc.), We will need to verify the identity through one of the following (these may also be used to verify the address if it's included) :
- A government agency in the jurisdiction of the Applicant’s legal creation, existence, or recognition
- A third party database that is periodically updated and considered a Reliable Data Source (Dun & Bradstreet for example)
- A site visit by the CA or a third party who is acting as an agent for the CA; or
- An Attestation Letter.
We may use the following to verify the ADDRESS, provided that identity has been verified as required above :
- Articles of Incorporation (with address)
- Government Issued Business License (with address)
- Copy of a recent company bank statement (you may blacken out the Account Number)
- Copy of a recent company phone bill
- Copy of a recent major utility bill of the company (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.) or current lease agreement for the company
If the Applicant is an Individual, we must obtain all of the following :
- Copy of a valid driver's license or passport of the Applicant
- Copy of a recent major utility bill (i.e. power bill, water bill, etc.) or bank statement of the Applicant
If the Driver’s License and Passport does not list any address details or those details do not match with the account, then we will require A. and 2 documents from B.
Please Note : Recent is defined as any documents dated within the last 6 months.